I have been managing projects for small and medium sized businesses in the UK, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Germany, France, Canada and U.S. in regards to SEO, Pay Per Click, ( Google Ads, Bing, Yahoo along with social media ads such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, multilingual content writing and programming projects. I have managed Pay Per Click (PPC) projects related to health, clothing, car dealerships, dental clinics, cosmetic surgery, travel and digital marketing. The budgets were up to one and half million Pounds.
Here are some of my Pay Per Click (PPC) Strategies:
Every project is different. Example of strategies that increased human traffic and sales for my earlier clients:
- Use Negative Keywords. Increase Your Bids.
- Use Trademark or Registered Symbols in Headlines.
- Add Sitelink Extension.
- Have A Strong Call-to-Action.
- Put Your Main Keyword in the Display URL.
- Write Compelling Ad Copy.
- Choosing right keywords and correcting negative keywords
- Focusing on benefits and not on feature
- Ad Extensions
- Adding call extensions to my ads ( sometimes client did not want call extension due to their budget constraint)
- Location extension in order to get more click on my ads
Sometimes I added discount and free shipping. Although broad match type keywords have a wider reach that also involves irrelevant searches, thus declining CTR; however in some cases I collected many negative keywords in order to use more restrictive keyword match type.
I get customer match data via email list in order to build campaigns/ads to reach audience.
Automated Bidding Strategies:
Some of My Automated Bidding Strategies are such as:
Targeting search page location in order to maximize clicks. Targeting cost- per acquisition (CPA), Enhancing cost per click, targeting ROAS ( Return on Ad Spend) and maximizing conversion. Bids are set automatically and are unique to each auction (the bid will be different for every auction).
For instance, automated bidding can’t take into account things like recent events, media coverage, weather, or flash sales, all of which can affect ad performance (e.g., increased brand recognition because your company name was mentioned in the news). This is where a manual approach to setting bids may be necessary. Automated bids are available for both Search and Display ads depending on the bid strategy you are using.
Smart Bidding Strategies
My Smart Bidding Strategies are such as: Enhanced CPC, Target CPA, Target ROAS, Maximize Conversions, Requirements and recommendations
In automated bidding, one saves time by not having to manually set bid amounts for ad groups or individual keywords.
I have been working with different Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in various client’s campaigns. Because the best metrics may vary from campaign to another.
For starters I increase impressions in order to make the ad more visible and get higher ranking. I keep optimizing the landing page and ad copy in order to get clicks. This is true when you try to get people to buy a used car or present a new model in used car dealership campaigns. Every time users click at an ad, it counts as a click. And every time they don’t, it doesn’t count toward anything. When someone clicks on the ad, they go to a landing page that encourages them to take a specific action that’ll help them become a paying customer. Landing page must be optimized for the targeted ad.
The people who follow through with that action contribute to the conversion rate, which is a measurement of how many people click on the ads and then become customers.
This KPI will also give me an idea about how good my ROI is. The better my conversion rate, the more money my client is making.
Boost ROI Strategy
My increase ROI strategy in PPC campaigns:
- Optimizing The website and quality score
- Aligning Landing Pages to My Ads
- Match Keywords to Buyer’s Journey.
- Reevaluate Targeted Ad Groups
- Smart Bidding In Order Not to Pay Much Per Click
- Choosing Mid-Range Keywords.
- Using Broad Match Modifiers.
A good CTR means that your target audience has found your ads helpful.
My PPC Ad Analyzing is based on the following metrics:
- Click-through rate (CTR) Click-through rate is one of the easiest metrics to measure and one that a lot of advertisers place a great deal of importance on. …
- Quality score and amount of Clicks.
- Conversion rate.
- Cost per conversion.
- Calculating my AdWords ROI.
- Call tracking.
- Dynamic revenue tracking.
My Remarketing Strategies:
- Targeting all my client’s website visitors and app users.
- Using bid strategies that optimize conversions.
- Targeting similar audiences.
- Using auto-targeting.
- Use dynamic remarketing.
- Re-engage visitors with abandoned shopping carts.
- Up-selling or cross-selling to existing customers.
- Showcasing different product categories.
Above is the list of 32 exams which I took on Jan 2020. I take exams every year. So next one will be in Jan 2021. Anyway! In a used-car dealerships ad I increased leads by creating a landing page and captured more interest, then I targeted the list. The first list was from users who visited the page and showed interest in the last 7 days, then I created the second list and targeted visitors who visited the page during the past 30 days.
To prevent reaching seven-day visitors with both lists, I then created a custom combination to target the 30-day membership list, excluded the seven-day list, and used a less aggressive bid.
Google Shopping and Merchant Feeds
I optimize my client’s product feed for Google Shopping Algorithm by
- Organizing the feed content according to Google’s specifications
- Optimizing product titles so they are search engine friendly
- Using keywords in titles and descriptions
- Leveraging product extensions and merchant promotions
- Making sure images are high quality
- Maximizing client’s product exposure for top converting search queries whilst decreasing exposure for unprofitable ones.
I use this strategy to ensure my client’s products stay competitive. I use priority settings and negative keywords to isolate and push aggressive bids and budget to high-value searches. My Google Shopping campaigns leverage priority settings and negative keywords will be isolated and allocated by using more aggressive bids and budget to certain high-value searches to get max impression share.
Although one can’t target keywords directly, but one can leverage negative keyword lists in an alternative campaign and then utilize the priority settings so that searches funnel into the right campaign.
These were some of my PPC ad strategies that my followers and readers kept asking me.